Legal Guidance For The Recovery Of Compensation After A Car Accident
A serious car accident can change your life in an instant. You may be suddenly scrambling to pay medical bills, worried about taking care of your family or even struggling to perform the tasks of daily living.
At a time like this, it’s important to get a dedicated, effective personal injury lawyer on your side so you can pursue the compensation you need to rebuild your life.
At the Law Offices of Leonard S. Becker, APC, we have a proven track record of helping injured people do just that. Call us today for a no-cost consultation about your case. From offices in Hayward and Danville, we serve clients in the Oakland area and across Northern California.
Get Answers To Your Questions Following Injuries In A Crash
If you have been involved in a car, truck or motorcycle accident, it is normal to have questions, such as the ones below.
What Steps Should I Take After A Motor Vehicle Accident?
We understand that accident scenes are often disorienting and chaotic. The most important thing is to seek immediate medical attention if necessary. Call an ambulance if anyone involved has been seriously hurt. The police will likely arrive at the scene to fill out an accident report. Answer their questions completely, but avoid admitting fault or accusing other drivers. If you can, gather names and insurance information from other parties involved in the accident and try to collect the names and phone numbers of witnesses at the accident scene.
At the Law Offices of Leonard S. Becker, APC, we offer a free initial consultation in personal injury cases. We invite you to call today to make an appointment to discuss your specific situation.
Should I Notify My Insurance Company That I’ve Been In An Accident?
You are legally obligated to tell your insurance company if you have had an accident, and to cooperate with its investigation. However, it is always wise to speak with an attorney before you give any statement to an insurance adjuster. An experienced personal injury lawyer can communicate with the insurance company on your behalf and protect your rights.
What If Another Driver’s Insurance Company Contacts Me?
Do not give any statement to another motorist’s insurer. You are not required to do so, and giving a statement could seriously damage your claim. Rather, retain an experienced attorney to represent you in any communication and negotiation with insurers. From our offices in Hayward, California, the attorneys of the Law Offices of Leonard S. Becker, APC have handled many claims just like yours while holding insurers accountable.
How Will I Pay My Medical Bills?
Legally, the responsible driver’s insurance company is supposed to cover your medical bills and other expenses stemming from an accident. However, too often, insurers try to pay as little as possible in order to save money. If an insurance company fails to pay what your claim is worth in a timely manner, a knowledgeable auto accident attorney can help you pursue full and fair compensation.
What Type Of Vehicle Was Involved?
We represent the victims of accidents involving a variety of vehicles, including:
- Car accidents: When you are driving a car and become involved in a collision, it can result in serious property damage and physical injury. We have assisted the victims of a variety of accidents, including rear-end collisions, sideswipe accidents, head-on crashes and T-bone collisions.
- Semi truck accidents: When a large truck or another type of commercial vehicle contributes to an accident, our lawyers help injured motorists determine who was at fault and take timely, aggressive legal action.
- Motorcycle injuries: Because motorcycles offer less protection than cars, bikers frequently bear the serious brunt of accidents involving other vehicles. We help motorcyclists seek the medical care they need, protect their rights and pursue the appropriate compensation.
- Bus and shuttle accidents: We assist people injured in accidents involving buses and other public transportation vehicles.
- Bicycle and scooter accidents: We represent cyclists who have been unfairly injured because of a negligent driver.
- Pedestrian and hiker accidents: Were you struck by a vehicle while walking to work or school, jogging or walking for exercise, or going about your business in a parking lot? We are here for you.
As needed, we represent the interests of accident victims who have been hurt by the negligence of distracted drivers or drunk drivers of all types of vehicles.
Dedicated Legal Representation On Your Side, Ready To Help You Through Recovery
When you meet with us, we will explain your rights and help you determine how best to proceed. Our attorney and staff can help you protect your interests, secure your access to appropriate medical attention and pursue a claim against an insurer or responsible party to enable you to recover fair compensation for damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship for those who have lost a loved one in a fatal accident
When an avoidable car wreck takes someone’s life, we are prepared to help that person’s loved ones pursue a wrongful death claim against the responsible party. While we know that no verdict or settlement can take away the pain that comes with losing a spouse or relative, we are committed to providing compassionate counsel and helping survivors protect their legal rights when pursuing fair compensation.
Contact An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
No matter what kind of accident has affected your life, we understand that it can be disruptive and upsetting. Once you retain our law office, we will alert your insurance company as well as any other involved parties, that we are representing you. Our car accident law firm will handle all communication on your behalf to pursue your personal injury claim.
To arrange your free initial consultation with a proven personal injury attorney, please contact us by email or call us at 510-470-4584 or 800-246-4981 to schedule a free initial consultation and case evaluation with an attorney. There are no upfront fees. We only receive payment when we obtain a financial settlement or jury award for you.
We understand that clear understanding is important to our clients. We offer services in English, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Ukrainian.