Turn To A Plaintiff’s Attorney Protecting Elders From Neglect And Abuse
Ideally, protecting residents of nursing homes and other senior living facilities happens through careful planning and execution of duties. In practice, however, neglect and abuse sometimes rear their ugly heads. Legal action can hold wrongdoers accountable, provide relief to the injured and possibly prevent further harm to others. A successful negligence claim or lawsuit may deter other caregiving institutions from neglecting their duty of care to their residents.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a long-term care facility, Law Offices of Leonard S. Becker, APC, is a valuable source of counsel.
We Take Cases Involving All Varieties Of Nursing Homes And Senior Living Facilities
We can advise you on how to pursue compensation if you have a valid claim against the owners, management or staff representing:
- A nursing home
- An assisted living facility
- A rehabilitation facility
- A senior living facility with flexible levels of care depending on residents’ needs
- A 55-and-over housing complex with social and/or care services
First, an evaluation of the facts may indicate whether negligence or abuse is verifiable and if damages are enough to justify the expense of an investigation. If the answer is probably yes, the next steps are to gather evidence of the causes and to document the effects of the wrongdoing.
What Harm Came To You Or Your Loved One In A Long-Term Care Facility?
Bedsores, dehydration and malnutrition are common consequences of neglect and abuse in nursing homes and other facilities that care for older adults or adults with disabilities.
These devastating conditions nearly always come about through neglect, such as a failure to turn a bedridden resident regularly or monitor diet and fluid intake. Other types of suffering that may be caused by negligence include:
- Falls from beds, falls during bed-to-wheelchair transfers, falls in bathrooms and falls in other circumstances
- Scalding caused by unmonitored bathwater temperatures
- Medication errors (overmedicating, administering the wrong medication, not monitoring medication interactions and ignoring medication allergies)
- Exposure to and/or delayed or improper treatment for viruses and bacterial infections, including staph infections, pneumonia, necrotizing fasciitis (flesh-eating disease) and COVID-19 (the new coronavirus)
- Injuries to residents with memory deficits who wander off because of insufficient monitoring
- Financial exploitation of elders or disabled residents
Skillful legal analysis can help frame a claim or lawsuit and bring justice for the injured person and/or surviving family members.
You Are Not Alone In Your Quest For Justice
Our Bay Area personal injury attorney and legal team have helped many clients recover compensation after serious accidents and incidents of neglect. We are here to advise and advocate for those injured in nursing homes and people with premises liability claims. To schedule a free consultation, call 510-470-4584 or complete our easy intake form.